God is love. (Holy Bible: 1 John: 4)
The Christian Science Society in Plymouth welcomes you to our services. Young people up to the age of 20 are invited to attend our Sunday School. Church services are offered in-person and via a Zoom link. Please join us and discover the wonderful healing and protecting power of God’s love. We’re a warm and welcoming congregation and would love to have you visit.
Our church is run by its members for the benefit of the community and the world. Our Sunday services and Wednesday evening meetings are very simple in format, easy to follow, and inclusive.
We do not have ministers or priests. Our services are centered on the Bible and the Christian Science textbook, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy. These serve as our pastor. The services are conducted by readers who are elected from our church membership.
Our Sunday service is at 10:00 a.m. and includes the reading of the weekly Bible lesson, music, singing, and prayer. The lesson subject each week is one which is read by all Christian Science churches in countries throughout the world.
Our Sunday School also meets at 10:00 a.m. Students learn of God’s love for them, and how the spiritual and moral teachings of the Bible and the Christian Science textbook can help them every day, in every situation. There are lively question and answer discussions
Our Wednesday evening meeting is at 6:00 p.m. A reader chooses a relevant topic for a shorter lesson. In addition, there is also a time for those attending to express gratitude for healing experiences in their lives and to share helpful insights gained by studying the Bible and our textbook.
To join us remotely via Zoom on Sunday or Wednesday please click the button below to request an invitation or email us at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you!
Christian Science Society, Plymouth, NH,
Tenets of Christian Science
From Science & Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, page 496.
- As adherents of Truth, we take the inspired Word of the Bible as our sufficient guide to eternal Life.
- We acknowledge and adore one supreme and infinite God. We acknowledge His Son, one Christ; the Holy Ghost or divine Comforter; and man in God’s image and likeness.
- We acknowledge God’s forgiveness of sin in the destruction of sin and the spiritual understanding that casts out evil as unreal. But the belief in sin is punished so long as the belief lasts.
- We acknowledge Jesus’ atonement as the evidence of divine, efficacious Love, unfolding man’s unity with God through Christ Jesus the Way-shower; and we acknowledge that man is saved through Christ, through Truth, Life, and Love as demonstrated by the Galilean Prophet in healing the sick and overcoming sin and death.
- We acknowledge that the crucifixion of Jesus and his resurrection served to uplift faith to understand eternal Life, even the allness of Soul, Spirit, and the nothingness of matter.
- And we solemnly promise to watch, and pray for that Mind to be in us which was also in Christ Jesus; to do unto others as we would have them do unto us; and to be merciful, just, and pure.