God is love. (Holy Bible: 1 John: 4)
Dear Friends and Neighbors:
In compliance with New Hampshire Governor Sununu’s prohibition on public gatherings of 10 or more people, Christian Science Society, Plymouth, will be suspending both Sunday and Wednesday services until further notice. We know God’s healing power as taught in Christian Science is effective in every situation. We encourage those seeking more information on Christian Science to visit www.christianscience.com. Live webcasts of Christian Science church services, both Sunday and Wednesday, can also be accessed there.
Christian Science Society, Plymouth, NH,
Tenets of Christian Science
From Science & Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, page 496.
- As adherents of Truth, we take the inspired Word of the Bible as our sufficient guide to eternal Life.
- We acknowledge and adore one supreme and infinite God. We acknowledge His Son, one Christ; the Holy Ghost or divine Comforter; and man in God’s image and likeness.
- We acknowledge God’s forgiveness of sin in the destruction of sin and the spiritual understanding that casts out evil as unreal. But the belief in sin is punished so long as the belief lasts.
- We acknowledge Jesus’ atonement as the evidence of divine, efficacious Love, unfolding man’s unity with God through Christ Jesus the Way-shower; and we acknowledge that man is saved through Christ, through Truth, Life, and Love as demonstrated by the Galilean Prophet in healing the sick and overcoming sin and death.
- We acknowledge that the crucifixion of Jesus and his resurrection served to uplift faith to understand eternal Life, even the allness of Soul, Spirit, and the nothingness of matter.
- And we solemnly promise to watch, and pray for that Mind to be in us which was also in Christ Jesus; to do unto others as we would have them do unto us; and to be merciful, just, and pure.