God is love. (Holy Bible: 1 John: 4)
“Dear Friends and Neighbors:
Christian Science Society Plymouth is happy to announce the resumption of live church services in our church at 7 Emerson Street. Come join us and discover the wonderful healing and protecting power of God’s love. In accord with governmental regulations please wear a face mask when entering or leaving the church. Wearing a mask during the church service is optional. Other necessary procedures may be announced at the church.
We also encourage those seeking more information on Christian Science to visit www.christianscience.com.
Live webcasts of Christian Science church services, both Sunday and Wednesday, can also be accessed there.”
Christian Science Society, Plymouth, NH,
Tenets of Christian Science
From Science & Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, page 496.
- As adherents of Truth, we take the inspired Word of the Bible as our sufficient guide to eternal Life.
- We acknowledge and adore one supreme and infinite God. We acknowledge His Son, one Christ; the Holy Ghost or divine Comforter; and man in God’s image and likeness.
- We acknowledge God’s forgiveness of sin in the destruction of sin and the spiritual understanding that casts out evil as unreal. But the belief in sin is punished so long as the belief lasts.
- We acknowledge Jesus’ atonement as the evidence of divine, efficacious Love, unfolding man’s unity with God through Christ Jesus the Way-shower; and we acknowledge that man is saved through Christ, through Truth, Life, and Love as demonstrated by the Galilean Prophet in healing the sick and overcoming sin and death.
- We acknowledge that the crucifixion of Jesus and his resurrection served to uplift faith to understand eternal Life, even the allness of Soul, Spirit, and the nothingness of matter.
- And we solemnly promise to watch, and pray for that Mind to be in us which was also in Christ Jesus; to do unto others as we would have them do unto us; and to be merciful, just, and pure.